A head full of thick and healthy hair is always attractive and everybody wishes to have it. It is believed that a person has about 100000 hair strands on the scalp and everyday 100-150 hair strands are lost. It is when hair loss exceeds this number that you should take some action and control it before it leads to baldness.
You can lose your hair due to many reasons like aging, stress, environmental factors, excessive smoking , hormonal imbalance, genetics, scalp infections, nutritional deficiencies, use of wrong hair products , certain medicines, thyroid disorders, Polycystic ovary syndrome(PCOS), anemia due to iron deficiency and chronic diseases. Clinicspots provides online medical consultation so that you can get apt solutions to treat you hair loss problems. You can also search for the best hair transplant doctor in Mumbai listed on our portal. We also help you find the best hair transplant in Mumbai. Our aim is to ensure that everyone gets the best healthcare facilities within their budget.
With the help of some home remedies you can prevent hair loss. Given below are 10 most commonly used home remedies to prevent hair loss.
- Oil Massage
A good oil massage to your scalp and hair will work wonders for you. A massage will increase the blood circulation to the hair follicles and strengthens your hair roots. This will induce relaxation and reduce the effects of stress on your hair.
Common oils used for massage are coconut oil, castor oil, olive oil , amla oil, argan oil and wheat germ oil. You can enhance the effectiveness of the oil massage by adding a few drops of rosemary oil to the base oil. Apply light pressure on the scalp with your fingertips while massaging. This should be done once every week.
- Amla or Indian gooseberry
Deficiency of vitamin C can cause hair loss. Making use of amla can help in hair growth.Its anti –inflammatory,antibacterial and exfoliating properties maintain a healthy scalp thereby promoting hair growth.
- Mix one teaspoon of amla pulp and one teaspoon of lemon juice
- Massage your scalp thoroughly with mixture. Cover your head with a shower cap.
- Leave it overnight. Wash it with a mild shampoo next day.
- Fenugreek seeds
Fenugreek seeds contain antecedents that help in promoting hair growth and rebuild hair follicles. They are also rich in proteins and nicotine acid that stimulate hair growth and prevent hair loss.
- Soak one cup of fenugreek seeds in water and keep it overnight
- Next day morning make a paste to it by grinding.
- Apply this paste to your hair and scalp and cover it with a shower cap. Keep it for about 40 minutes and rinse it off with water.
- Do this for a month.
- Onion Juice
Onion juice is high is sulphur content which increases the blood circulation to hair follicles thereby regenerating it and reducing inflammation. Onion juice helps in killing germs and parasites and treats scalp infections thereby reducing hair loss.
- Grate one onion and extract its juice.Strain it, Apply this juice directly on your scalp.Keep it on your scalp for about 30 minutes and then rinse it off with water. Wash your hair with shampoo.
- Mix together 3 tablespoons each of onion juice and aloe vera gel. Add one tablespoon of olive oil. Apply this mixture on your scalp and keep it for 30 minutes. Rinse it off with water and then shampoo your hair.
Repeat either of the remedied twice a week for a few weeks.
- Aloe Vera
Enzymes present in aloe vera promote growth of hair. Its alkalizing properties helps in bringing the pH of the scalp and hair to a healthy level thereby promoting hair growth.Regular use of aloe vera adds strength and luster to your hair.
- Apply aloe vera gel or juice directly on your scalp.
- Leave it on for a few hours .Wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat the process three to four times a week.
- Chinese hibiscus
Chinese hibiscus promotes hair growth, cures dandruff, prevents split ends, thickens hair and prevents premature graying of hair and prevents hair loss.
- Take about 10 chinese hibiscus flowers and add to it 2 cups of coconut oil.
- Heat this solution till the flowers are almost burnt. Strain and collect the oil.
- Apply this oil on your hair and leave it overnight. Wash it off in the morning
- Repeat this for a few days.
Beetroot is loaded with carbohydrates, calcium, protein, phosphorous, potassium , Vitamins B and C. All these nutrients are needed for healthy hair.
- Boil a few beetroot leaves and grind it along with henna. Apply this paste on your scalp and leave it for about 15- 20 minutes and then rinse it off. Repeat this for few days.
- Include fresh juices of beetroot, spinach ,lettuce or carrot juice in your diet.
Try any of these home remedies to reduce your hair loss. In addition to this follow a healthy diet and exercise regularly to keep your health in top form.